Sunday, May 25, 2008

90 miles for David Pope

After our tour of the 6th Crossing info. Center whichwas about the Mormans pulling handcarts along the Oregon Trail quite a story we started from Sweetwater and we arrived at Muddy Gap at 4:00. We met a man from Maine and he gave us a bad weather forecast for Monday and Tuesday. We decided to do the 50 miles to Rawlins. I started out and because of the elevation I knew I would not make it so I swung around and headed back to Muddy Gap to the General store thinking I would be pinned down until Wednesday. Before I could tell the store owner I was staying a truck driver heard me talking to her daughter and asked where I was trying to go and said he would take me. David had a 90 mile day and did really well and arrived around 8:00. Today was the last day for my recumbent I will begin the Rickies soon. I will be in Rawlins until Wednesday morning most likely.

Happy Memorial
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi Charlie,
I can't remember your user name and password to put the photos and a message on your blog.
I'll try to send the photos with this comment.
I love you and hope your having a fun day trying out your new bike. Will you have a memorial service for the recumbent? I'm sure you have some loving comments for it as well as some expletives.
XX Sandy and Wendy