I made a decision today to skip the Rockies for a variety of different reasons. The West continues to be plagued by bad weather and the high Rockey passes are still snow burdened and I have to detour onto a major highway and the recommendation is to get a shuttle over it. I feel after 3 weeks of passes and long climbs I would like to make some time going East. I believe I have found out that things cannot be rushed and the weather dictates what happens most of the time. I have had tail winds pushing me along, wind from the side blowing me out in the road, head winds holding back progress, rain, light snow, thunder, lightening and marble size hail. I still have had a great ride and no matter how far I get this has been a wonderful trip. I lost my traveling partner Dave Pope I will miss my Geoligist. Wish you all were here.
Charlie
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not a bad choice buddy, sign of a good cyclist. Lets get a picture of you on that Bike Friday.
Bobby
I can't wait to see you. I'll be counting the days. I'm proud of you for all the risks and adventures you take on. I'll send you a Dalai Llama quote that will affirm your adventurous spirit.
I LOVE you!!
You'd be proud of me today. I was at the pound at 7:15, bought 15 lbs. of lobster and cooked them in our big lobster cooker. I'm capable and maybe lovable.
XX
Post a Comment