Sunday, May 18, 2008

Virginia City, MT

No Passes today but we did climb to our campground late in the 58 mile day. We started the day in Dillon @ 5,000' feet and by mile 26 we were down to 2,600' and then we started up for 32 miles to 6,200'. I had some trouble during one 8 mile leg it was 85 degrees and we had just started climbing and I felt lousy. I took a break in Sheridan in a air con church and hit the road and felt much better. We traveled through gold country and they still do the placer mining which is stripper the hills. The rock piles are amazing. We went Rock Hounding in the late afternoon and found something for my honey at home. We will travel by car to Yellowstone tomorrow we have heard that things are closed like camping and biking is not happening either we will see what we find out. Linda has to be in Jackson Hole by Monday the 19th and David and I will start for Lander WY on the 21st and we will have lost both Terry and Linda and we will be self contained again. My lessoned learned for today; step back take a time out and relax.

Your pal,

Charlie
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

No comments: