Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Greetings from Lander

What a night and what a day with a have you ever. Last night we had a storm roll in that both Dave Pope and I thought was going to blow our tents were over. We got up a little soggy but ready to ride. We did suggest hanging in Dubois to assess the weather but we took off. Crowheart on the Indian reservatIon was our lunch spot 30 miles out and that's all there is for another 30. Dave always arrives before me and I was being chased down by a storm. I arrived in time and we sat under cover for three separate rounds of hail,thunder, lightening and torrential rain. We decided that maybe we should go for it and as we rolled we could see we were going to have some massive weather stress. All of sudden a tractor trailer pulled over and said we needed a ride. Mark had made a U turn to come back and pick us up. I have had a number of these things that have just happened. What a storm we rode into in Mark's rig (have you ever) . Thankfully we where not riding. How about this, checking into the KOA last night, we were talking to Brian from Vancouver, B.C. And he tells me that he was sharing drinks with Team Brody in Idaho Falls. How about that? I will be in Lander for 2 days while the weather straightens out. Wayne I might spend tomorrow night at the NOLS hotel. Since I am a week early I will get my new rig at a different spot. Les if the Rockies do not kill me this extra week could get me to Yorktown. We will see! Hello and congratulations to Tim Schneider for getting his Law Degree.

Charlie Rainman
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

No comments: