Thursday, May 8, 2008

Greetings from Mount Vernon

I picked up my part and moved on for Mitchell about 100 miles remember I am now car camping for 2 more days. I caught up with team Brady the gentleman and son I met the other day. I put my bike back together Tuesday night. The part came from Florida and it is called  a riser and it holds the handlebars, I found the hard way how   important it is. Stayed in a Baptist church last night with the   Brodys. Pastor Carl Naas cooked us a huge hunter's breakfast with  biscuits and gravy, elk sausage, eggs. Great hospitality. We rode 60 miles with a 6 mile climb today. I will lose the Brodys tomorrow as they turn East toward Wyoming and I head for Idaho and Montana. I will miss them. I will meet the Popes in Missoula. 50 tomorrow no climbs. Friday over 5,000' toward Baker City. Saturday Idaho. Bye for now.

No comments: