Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Towgotee Pass to Dubois

David and I got shuttled to what Jeanine Karns thought was the top of the Pass but we quickly found out that according to my GPS we had another 1,000' and 8 miles of climbing. Due to the road work we got ferried on a pickup for a half mile of it. We had a great down hill and then we roilled up and down for 40 miles. David is great to travel with and he has a big interest in geology and he points out the different landscapes that we pass. I had a big dinner tonight our P.B. and J sandwiches did not hold up. We are 71 miles from Lander, WY and we will do them in two days. I should have a signal tomorrow to send this. Folks were grabbing gear this morning and I assumed that we had my stove but it was left in Jackson. I will get it in Lander. We had a warm but good ride today rain will chase us down for the next three days. The warm riding has been great. I hope all is well where you are. Enjoy.

Charlie Togwotee
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

No comments: