Greetings from wonderful Jackson Hole. We came down from Yellowstone last night. Most of the Campgrounds where closed so we motored out of the Park after seeing great things. The wildlife included many Bison, elk, moose. Old Faithful gave us a show but not as high as usual some said. When we got to Grand Teton National Park the views were spectacular (check the Blog for photos) all but one campground was closed and when we arrived they said that they were telling tenters not to stay there because of a Grizzly Bear problem. It is not unusual to have bear around but this spring the bears have stayed down low longer because of the snow. I have heard a number of bear stories and they are frightening. It will only be David Pope and myself tomorrow as Terry heads back to Moab and Linda flys out of Salt Lake City. Dave and I will get a shuttle over the 9,500' pass tomorrow in order to get away from possible snow Wednesday. I will be back pulling my trailer tomorrow and will be in Lander, WY. to pick up my new bike in 3 days. I hope you are all well and people have asked what I need and what I need is some company through Colorado come on out and ride some 10,000 to 14,000 foot passes. Be kind!
Teton Charlie
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment