Monday, May 5, 2008

Hello from Sisters

Highest point today was Santitum Pass at 4800 feet. I actually did it twice once on my bike and then I rescued a cycler at the top in a car and brought him to Sisters. I had met his son at the campground and he told about his Dad stuck 28 miles from Sisters. Yes I now as of 4:00 have a car because I have a bike problem and of course it is the stem tube that is only for a recumbent. Thank God for duct tape or I would have needed a rescue like Eliot. The Pass was scary today and that will be a story for another time. I will know if I will be a car camper for a few days tomorrow. Back to Eugene, although in a car it will take 2 hours Vs two hard days biking. If I become a car camper you will hear from me again when I am up and running.

The highlight of the day,  over the pass and I had dinner with my rescuee and his son. I love hearing from you all.

No comments: