We are 40 miles from from Lander on the Sweetwater River which the wagon trains on Oregon trail had to cross 3 times. This campground is free of charge provided by the Morman Churcha, it is a place where people were rescued by folks from Salt Lake City sent by Brigham Young. Today was a windy day with wind 25 and greater my bike had big problems with the wind coming on an angle from the rear it kept blowing out in the road so I walked a lot. We went up for 28 miles today. We decided to take 3 days to Rawlins because of the long weekend. I seem to not ride well today after having a massage to get rid of a sore hamststring and I was toast all day. It has been 3 weeks of riding and I have felt the affect. No cell out here we have not seen a store in 30 miles. We will resupply in Jeffrey City tomorrow. Bob Hoefer sent some great things that will be very useful and the beef jerkie was part of lunch and it will go in the Pilaf tomorrow night. Wendy your meals were very good. The Mountain House meals are very handy especially when the store that is listed is closed. I hope you are having or had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.
Charlie
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment